Sunday, December 31, 2006

Status Update: No. 2 December

So, I went ahead and did it....


I booked my flight! Crazy, huh?
I spent 975 dollars and a flight with one transfer, through Swiss International. My flight leaves O'Hare on Aug. 21 (My brother's b-day, and the day after my 22nd b-day!). I leave Paris on Sept 5.
It's a two week trip!!!!! I know I planned on weeks originally, but it is out of my budget, and I'll return eventually to see what I miss.

I also picked up some guidebooks.
My collection includes the following:
DK Eyewitness France (Christmas Gift)
DK Eyewitness Paris (Christmas Gift)
Fodor's Exploring Paris (Gift from Boss)
Lonely Planet Paris 2007 (Purchase)
Rick Steve Paris 2007 (Purchase)

I also found a good deal on a map of Paris.
I think that will be all the material I need for research besides the net. I started a notebook to write down ideas and hints I find useful. It's broken down by arrondisement, and then a miscellaneous section. Once it is compiled, it will be put in an electronic file like an excel sheet, so that I have a readable and accessible copy.

I also have decided to go with the apartment in Paris, from Jean-Marie. It is clean, nice, and affordable. Besides this, I am planning on getting a travel insurance plan, just in case. I am investing so much into this, that I don't want to take chances.

Anyways..more info to come in the New Year...2007...Year of THE Trip.


~Anna

No comments: