Thursday, December 21, 2006

Status Update: No. 1 December

So where am I today?

Where have my plans gotten me?


*I found out when my start date at work is, which in turn means I can plan my trip with dates in mind. I have to be back in the USA by September 10. This means if I still plan a 2 week trip, I'll be leaving the week of my 22nd birthday and coming back a few days after Labor Day.


* I received my appointment letter for my citizenship test. January 30th is the date, which means I'm one step closer to becoming an American, even though after 16 years I already feel like one.


*I received my first guide book today! It was a Christmas present from my boss, who is well aware of my plans. The book is Frommer's Explore Paris Guide. It looks pretty interesting so next week I'll be digging into it.


* I've started a file with websites, addresses, admission prices, and general info about sites to be seen. I will base my itinerary on this file, keeping in mind that everything won't fit.


*I'm pretty sure I found my apartment. It is a little studio in the 4th arrondisement. The owner came recommended for being helpful, and the studio is considered a great budget buy.
It is no. 1 on this site:
http://www.an-apartment-in-paris.com

* I deciding on how long to stay in the Loire Valley and which chateaux to see. I think I may be there for 2 days, taking a full day tour the first day, and a morning tour the next so I can see everything I want. I may station myself in Tours, just because it would be simpler than Amboise. The agency I like as far as tours go is:
http://www.accodispo-tours.com/ They seem to have great trips starting in Tours. I want to see Villandry (beautiful gardens), Chenonceau, Chambord, and Amboise, anything else is a bonus. I just have to sit down and choose the days of the week I want to go.


*Nothing is official yet, but I will be booking things within a week.

Hang around for the Trip!

~~Anna~~

No comments: